交易信用值 0
經驗值 254150
註冊 2017-9-11
用戶註冊天數 2439
用戶失蹤天數 1647
狀態 離線
發表於 2017-9-23 22:44 
分享  私人訊息  頂部
“I know there are children who can make a difference…there are children who have the ability to perform. We just have to make them realize their potential, and that’s what I am trying to do— I do indeed have a passion for literacy,”By Leon SuseranSimone Abiola Dainty truly understands that reading is the key to success. This selfless,Simone Daintycommunity-minded Good Samaritan has been dedicating her time and energies to uplifting the standards of reading in schools across Berbice.When she retires to her home, she then spends a significant portion of her ‘downtime’ helping children in her community of Angoy’s Avenue read. And she finds joy and satisfaction from doing so, through the discovery of the results of children who formerly could not read, to being literate.That is her joy, being able to listen to a child read. Her job is well cut out for her in Berbice, as the Literacy Advisor attached to the Department of Education, Region Six. Simone Dainty is always hard at work, as she has been for a number of years,Wholesale Cheap Jerseys, planning and taking initiatives to help children read, and equipping teachers, too, with the know-how and hands-on approaches to help children read and read better.She was born?to ward-maid and Switchboard Operator at New Amsterdam Hospital, Ingrid and N/A Hospital Porter, Leroy Profit at Islington Village,NFL Jerseys Outlet, East Bank Berbice. A large part of her childhood days was spent fishing and seeing how the wider community fished, both for leisure and for a living. She recalled playing by the seawalls, gathering shrimp and watching ships and boats pass by on the Berbice River.“We would sit in the small fishing boats and throw lines and catch fish— we also enjoyed a lot ofDainty and a group of children at her library upon the completion of the Summer Reading Programme recentlyfishing using rods in trenches nearby,Cheap Jerseys Free Shipping,” she said.LOVE FOR CHILDRENYoung Simone attended Overwinning Primary after which she topped the school at theCommon Entrance Exams and was awarded a place at the Berbice High School. After writing her CXC Exams, she started to teach at age 16 as a Pupil Teacher at the Overwinning Primary.Entering the classroom at that tender age, the young teacher experienced much joy. “When I look back, I was still a child myself,NFL Jerseys Cheap, so a lot of the activities— during break time, I would be among them (the children) skipping.” She recalled having lots of support from the teachers at that school,Jerseys NFL Wholesale, having worked under the headmistress back then, Mrs. Doreen Carter, “and I blossomed from there as a teacher.”She later attended the In-Service Teachers’ Training Programme, after which she became a Trained Grade 1 Class 1 Teacher. She continued teaching at Overwinning, where she spent 20 years. Her years there saw a young lady blossoming with love for children in helping them to read and better their reading skills.She particularly recalled one class of children in whom everyone had practically lost hope. Dainty worked hard with them at her home in the afternoons to boost whatever was being done during school time, “and I was so happy when about 95 perA group of young readers at the librarycent of those children passed the Common Entrance Exams and went on to High School.”The young proud teacher was shocked. “One of the things I try to do is to make learning fun for children, so I would try to make interactive ways to stimulate the process.”Dainty also attended the University of Guyana, where she read for her Bachelor of Education Degree, and credits the man in her life for her being successful during this period of study.That man is her husband, Howard Dainty, whom she says is a huge support to her. They share five loving children – Safeena, Dawood, Daniella, Samuel and Jared.“He gave me the encouragement to go on; he would go with me to the National Library and sit with me— in the nights— wake me up in the mornings when it was time to study and so forth…and I am very grateful to that.”HELPING ERADICATE ILLITERACYDainty also completed the Ministry of Education’s Management Programme?as well as other Courses with the Institute of Distance and Continuing Education (IDCE), such as Education Administration.She did studies in the Literacy Professional Development Course, which lay theAt her office at the Department of Education, Berbicegroundwork for her huge, but attainable task of getting the young boys and girls, as well as teachers, in the habit of reading more.Her work with the Department of Education in New Amsterdam started after being successful at the Literacy Course. She worked alongside, Voluntary Service Overseas