交易信用值 0
經驗值 235705
註冊 2017-9-26
用戶註冊天數 2441
用戶失蹤天數 1917
狀態 離線
發表於 2017-10-1 07:38 
分享  私人訊息  頂部
– Social Protection Minister assures Senior citizens Minister of Social Protection,Cheap Nike Huarache Shoes, Volda Lawrence recently stated that government is working to substantially increase the Old Age Pension and better protect Senior citizens. She said that while progress may seem slow, these issues remain top priority.These assurances were given by the Minister at the Toucan Senior Citizens Club on Sunday last where members gathered to celebrate the Club’s twentieth anniversary at Den Amstel, West Coast Demerara.Social Protection Minister, Volda Lawrence (left)presents a hamper to one of the club members.Appealing for patience from Senior citizens, Lawrence reiterated that the Ministry is committed to improving their lives, as “we cherish and value your contribution and wish to reassure you that we will not renege on our promise of a better life. I wish to reiterate that this Ministry will continue to work in close collaboration with you our Senior citizens and the young population so that you can enjoy improved living conditions.”She said, “things may seem to move slower that we intended and that’s because our present resources cannot provide greater increases in pensions and other benefits, but be assured, you are our top priority and we are working to ensure that substantial increases are provided.”The Social Protection Minister further noted that Government recognises that the needs of Senior citizens must be urgently addressed, and to this end is making provision for better housing,Wholesale China Jerseys, pension and health care.“I assure you, we will pay greater attention to curbing abuse of the elderly and violation of your rights, including squandering of your assets,” she committed.The Toucan Senior Citizens Club was introduced on August 17, 1995 by Mr. Fitzroy Marcus, who was then Chairman of the Blankenburg/Hague Neighbourhood Democratic Council.Since then, its leadership has evolved to include numerous persons and over the years they have hosted several activities to keep seniors involved. Among the activities are regular cultural presentations, games, feeding programmes, fashion shows, dinners, outings and church services.Congratulating the Club, the Minister expressed Government’s appreciation for the members’ unstinting efforts to mould and maintain the moral fabric of society and create strong families.“Our families are severely challenged these days, and need to be given as much support and guidance as various influences seek to condition our minds to value material things and place less emphasis on love and family values,Nike Men Air Max 97,” Lawrence said.She added, “I therefore commend you for your work in strengthening our family structure and for instilling those values which are crucial to our sustainability as a nation…I am sure there have been many hiccups over the years, but the fact that you are here today, 20 years strong, is a testimony of your fortitude and resilience.”The Social Protection Minister urged the members to continue engaging the younger generation on various issues,Cheap Jerseys Free Shipping, including the rich culture and history of their Village, Den Amstel.“As Senior citizens of this beloved land, you possess qualities that are capable of transforming lives; you are enriched in spirit, culture,Cheap NFL jerseys China, love, experience and a wealth of lessons from which the youths of today can learn and so enhance their lives…my charge to you today is continue to share your expertise and experience with the young and old.”As part of its anniversary celebration, the Club presented tokens and awards to several members for their outstanding service and dedication.